Monday, January 4, 2010

Fogelsode #9: Step-Ups!

There’s been on and off rain through the week, making most of the jumps unridable.  Fortunately, the step-ups are in great shape because the sand absorbs the water and gets nice and soft.  Ray and I decided to take advantage of this and rolled over to the Aptos step-up to work on some tricks.  When we got there, we found that the run-in was covered in some dense mud-like sand, but we got it all cleared out fast and began the sesh.  Ray was killing it with some dialed 3s, fat no-foot-cans, and big nothings.  He even seat-landed a few no-kick tailwhips!  I wanted to try some cannonballs, so I gave them a shot and they ended up working out!  I started messing around with no-foot-can variations after that, and did some no-handed no-foot-cans and seat-grab-cans!  It was a fun day of learning new tricks and practicing old ones!

Later in the week, Iggy, Cob, and I cruised out to the other step-up for a quick New Years sesh.  Cob and I decided to try 720s.  We both under-rotated and fell, but I felt like I could get closer.  I tried a few more and ended up riding out of one with a foot down!  Low on light, we packed up and headed home.  Overall it was an awesome week, especially with everything being so wet!

 

I hope everyone had a great New Years!  2010 is going to be good!

-Jack

2 comments:

Robert "Goulet" Dunnet said...

jack, thanks for the comment on my post, what is with posting after me every time? always making me look like a chump with your 720's and back flip supermen ... we are going to have to set up some blog ground rules ... ha ha ha ... keep it up ...

Théophile said...

Hello From France