Saturday, August 30, 2008

Ryan's Viento review

Banshee Viento (M)

Industry Nine AM Wheels
Truvativ Stylo 3.3 Cranks
Fox Float RLC (09)
Syncros Gain Riser Bar
Syncros AM Stem
Fizik Zeak Saddle
Sram XO/X9 Derallieur/Shifters
Avid Juicy Seven Disc Brakes


So I have put some miles on my Viento and am very happy to say that it is awesome. I rode for about a week all over the east coast. Starting with some local trails in Connecticut and New Jersey to some epic climbs and decents in the Apalachian Mountains in Western Virginia. The bike stands up true to all that is advertised. First thing...stiffness. You guys say the Viento is stiff and I believed you. But, when I hit a long downhill stretch and dropped into the big ring and really put all my weight into it I was shocked. Every ounce of my near 200lb self went straight from the pedals to the ground. Not a single bit of noticeable flex in the frame. To say the least I am very impressed. The rear triangle absorbs shock just as good as you guys said it would. This bike may be the the Banshee that is built for speed but it is still strong as hell. It climbs like a dream and decends like one too. Extremely stiff on the clims yet suprisingly gentle when it decends. Being this my second Banshee frame with several other choices in between, I have to say that I will prob never get another frame from anyone else. It is awesome and I cannot wait to build my next one. Thanks alot for all your guys help and Thanks even more for building bikes you can really ride.

Ryan Charaba