Sunday, January 3, 2010

Amp: Weapon of Choice

On Sunday I rode the local skate park with a couple of friends. I recently got a new wheel set from Spank Industries. A set of red Tweet Tweet rims on black Chosen hubs.

IMG_6451

I wanted to get a chance to test them out before I head to Thailand, Laos and Malaysia so I made some changes to make my Amp ride able. I needed a fork will a 20mm axle so I stole the Talas RC2 from my Wildcard. I am testing a set of brakes for Clarks and a Tweet Tweet Sprocket for Spank, when I removed my cranks on New Year’s Eve I realized that the bearings were shot. So I ended up changing my cranks too. With all these changes my Amp felt a lot different.  I found that I was able to bunny hop higher and spin faster.

 IMG_6493 

In the skate park it felt like I was getting more hang time then I was before the changes. I am not a park rider and I would not classify the Amp as a park bike. But when all I have is a skate park the Amp is the first bike I would choose. Dirt, Park, Street … the Amp is my weapon of choice.

IMG_6359a

星期天我根幾個朋友去高雄的park騎車. 最近我從Spank拿到新的輪子. 紅色Tweet Tweet的輪框和黑色的Chosen的花鼓. 我去泰國,寮國和馬來西亞以前想騎我的Amp,所以我改變有些零件. 我換前叉,煞車,大齒盤以後我的車騎的不太一樣. 我覺得我趒的比以前高,還在park飛的比較高和轉的比較快. 我不算騎park的人,我也覺得Amp不是park的車. 可是要騎park的時候我要騎我的Amp. 土坡,park,路上 … Amp是最好的車子.

 IMG_6443 IMG_6475

For more pictures go here or here. Leave some comments …

Rob

The only thing that would make my Amp better is Christopher Walken.

IMG_6455

6 comments:

Sneeck said...

It really is an awesome bike. Did you run a 32 rlc w/ 15 mm axle yet? I'm running one in mine and also ran the 36 talas earlier. That was really a good move, not for hardcore street riding ofcourse but I don't do any big trick stuff yet. Weight difference is enormous, hopping on stuff was a breeze. I've just gotta sort my front brake with a whipcap, singlespeed hub on the rear and a lighter front rim and she'll be pretty much dialed.

Jack Fogelquist said...

steezin! that park looks pretty cool too

Robert "Goulet" Dunnet said...

sneeck, I am pretty happy with the way it is now. I have a pike that might work with my amp if I do not use it on my Viento. I am thinking of getting a 36 float and lower it to 100mm. The 36 talas is a pretty good fit on my wildcard. the choices you have to make when you have more than one bike ... ha ha ha

if you are looking for a light set of rims, check out the spank stuff. it is solid and looks great.

MartinS said...

Looks like fun Rob.
Happy New Years buddy!

Robert Dunnet said...

hey martin, how is fernie? happy new year

Martin said...

It was -28 C yesterday morning, but we've got lots of snow, snowshoed up Phat Bastard the other day and it was pretty fun coming down Red Sonya.