Sunday, November 22, 2009

Labour of Love

My brother James and I have been building jumps at a spot in Taiwan for the past two years. Most of our free time is spent there digging and riding. We both spent most of the summer and some of the fall in Canada. Basically no one maintained our jumps and trails for four months. When I got back to Kaohsiung we went to the jumps to check it out. James had already been a couple weeks earlier and I did not believe him when he told me what shape the jumps were in.

IMG_5887

standing on the landing for the first jump looking up towards the trail head

 IMG_5888

the second jump, which is in pretty good shape, if we could ride into it

 

IMG_5897

on the left is the landing for the second jump, on the right is our wood jump

  IMG_5891

there is a berm in the grass there somewhere

IMG_5892

grass everywhere

IMG_5893

We are not sure what we are going to do now. The plan is to make a decent sized trick style step up and then work from there.

Rob