Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Mike's Amp

After Mike landed himself on the podium at Crankworx he stopped taking my calls, he stopped returning my emails and now only communicates with me through his "team". Just kidding, for those of you who have not had the pleasure of meeting Mike he is one of the most down to earth guys I know. He just wants to ride his bike and blow minds.

After we did the purple and black amps for Nic's Eyes, Mike asked if we could do something special for him. In my mind if you podium at one of the biggest competitions of the year then you get custom stuff. We (Mike's "team" and I) started tossing around ideas and came up with something that was totally Mike.

Mike has been bugging me daily for pictures ... I have been sending him little teasers. But nothing like this ... "Hey Mike, here is your amp!!!"


Mike Montgomery Green and Black ...


Mike told me about a font he liked, I took it and started doodling with it, then I took a picture of it and loaded into Illustrator. The result is pretty cool.


The "SD" logo that Mike sports on all his stuff. I believe it stands for San Diego and as everyone knows was discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diego, which of course in German means a whale's vagina.

Keep Riding.

Rob Dunnet