Friday, September 24, 2010

My Personal Spitfire

I just finished building up my spitfire, ready for a 45km ridge ride tomorrow (my legs are already aching a bit at the thought!) . I can't wait to put this build through it's paces!

Some parts are old, but most are new and shiny!

Build list:

Frame: Banshee Spitfire (Large)
Forks: X-fusion Vengeance HLR (160mm of plush goodness)
Stem: Thomson 70mm
Bars: Raceface next 3/4" rider
Grips: ODI lockon
Brakes: Avid Elixir R
Wheels: Hope Pro 2 (bolt up rear option)/ Stans Flow rims
Tires: Specilized Eskar Control
Seatpost: Raceface Evolve
Saddle: WTB Devo
Pedals: Superstar Components Magnesium
Drivetrain: 2011 XO cranks and rear derailleur PG1091 chain, and 1070 cassette.
Chainguide and chainring: e*13 SRS+ and 33tooth chainring to set me up nicely in 1x10

Total build weight: 28.96lbs (13.14kg)

This bike is now ready to be used and abused! I can't wait.

7 comments:

SiLeRT said...

Amazing bike! I love that bike since I saw first time!

I saw in the catalog of Banshee and put proto in the frame. The catalog was borrowed to me by David of FunBikes (Spain).

Now I'm injured with a broken left collarbone, but reading these post I am very happy day.

Cheers!

hotton said...

my name is hotton, from brazil, I use the old pyre, very strong frame, the new pyre is stronger? does anyone know tell me that the measure or the numbers of bearings of the former pyre? Thank you!

C├ęsar said...

good machine, and pretty. I speak it, I have a.

rob cole said...

glad to see those Pro II / ZTR Flow wheels I built, are still going strong!

Anonymous said...

Nice light setup. I setup my Rune super light for trails and just added X.0 1x10 with a 33t in the front, 11-36t in back - it rocks! Pretty much all trail needs covered.

Coach Outlet Online said...

Coach Outlet Online is a good store!

Coach Factory Outlet said...

Coach Factory OutletDo you want to be the talk of the town?