Tuesday, September 14, 2010

My Personal DH Bike

I thought you guys might be interested to see the bikes I actually ride. You'll spot from my builds that I'm no weight weenie, and choose my parts for strength and performance to take my erm... 'punishing' riding style without breaking.

He is my DH rig...

Specs:

Frame: Banshee Legend MkII (medium)
Fork: 888 WC RC3 (2008 / 2010 cross bread)
Bars: Raceface Atlas Freeride (cut down 765mm)
Stem: Straitline SSC (50mm)
Grips: Raceface Strafe lock ons
Brakes: Old Avid Juicy 7's I had kicking about
Headset: Cane Creek Flush reducer
Wheels: Mavic EX823 mounted on Superstar Components 120 point engagement DH hubs
Tires: Continental Kaiser 2.5 front and rear
Rear Shock: X-fusion HLR (with Ti Spring)
Cranks: Raceface Atlas Freeride 165mm
Pedals: Straitline Platforms
Chainguide: e*13 SRS+
Seatpost and saddle: Alienation Pivotal (light strong and means I have to get geo right as I can't adjust them as there are no rails)
Gears: XO short cage derailleur with SRAM PG970 cassette.


Weight: 39.63lbs (17.98kg) of goodness.