Saturday, March 28, 2009

On the up!

Hey Guys!

Firstly I want to say thank you so much for all your kind words and healing vibes. It has helped a lot knowing that you guys have my back. That is why I love the bike community!

Well, after that last post, things went downhill fast again. I ended up being rushed back into hospital in an ambulance at 4am the next morning after a visit from an emergency doctor. Basically I felt like death and was getting worse. I could hardly stand up and felt so sick and was in a lot of pain.

Within 12 hours of being in hospital being pumped full of yet more fluids I was already feeling better. It later transpired that while in hospital previously I had contracted one of those killer hospital super bugs (C Difficile). and basically it was hitting me while I was down. In the 8 days I spent back at home I had lost another 9lbs in weight, and my body was being drained of all fluids and salts.

I'm home again now after a week of hardcore antibiotics, fluids and mind altering painkillers, and I can finally say that I truly feel like I am on the road to recovery. Each day I am feeling just a little bit stronger and can eat a bit more. Hopefully I will be back on a bike in a couple of months, although will not be able to hit the freeride scene for a long time yet (need more surgery before my body will be able to take the hits).

I am actually really looking forward to getting fit and healthy again, and doing a lot of all day epic all mountain riding in the beautiful highlands of Scotland on the prototype frame I will be receiving soon.

Thanks to everyone who has e-mailed me or left messages for me here. They have meant more to me than you might think!

I also want to wish a fast recovery and send strength and healing vibes to another young member of the Banshee family, Pavel, who is currently bravely fighting cancer. Hold in there mate, we are all thinking of you. Be strong!

Now please please please go out there and ride your bikes and make the most of life if you possibly can!