Thursday, April 26, 2007

May 19 - Opening day for the Whistler Bike Park.

May 19 is the scheduled opening day for Whistler Bike Park. This date seems optimistic since I was there last weekend snowboarding and there was still a crapload of snow. It is, however, getting warmer and the rains are starting to fall so that date may be more realistic than I think. It's hard to believe this will be my 8th season in the bike park. Yeah, I've been riding that place since it's inception and every year it gets better and better... minus last season where one of my favorite trails, No Joke, was closed indefinitely due to Olympic construction. Whistler has promised to create another line similar to No Joke to replace it's big brother. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Hopefully I will get the chance to meet and ride with all the Banshee fans out there. Can't wait. I'm literally overwhelmed with anticipation. If you happen to spot me make sure you say hi or give a nod. 22 Pride, Yo.