Tuesday, March 6, 2007

The Rampant...The newest weapon in the Banshee arsenal!

I have been working away hard at my computer recently and have now reached the point on one of my designs to show you... the Rampant 4X.


I'm not going to give you geometry just yet, as I still need to design the new pivots and tweaks may have to be made here and there so that everything is accessible and compatible.

The Rampant is designed primarily as a 4X race bike. With short chainstays, low standover and aggressive angles this bike will be very nimble. It will be light weight and yet strong enough to case the odd 'woop'(not that you will cos this bike will accelerate like a cheetah on speed). The low BB and centre of gravity combined with the slightly rearward axle path will enable this bike to corner like it is on tightly cambered rails!

The 100mm travel VF4B linkage is designed to work progressively with an air shock for fast efficient acceleration and minimal pedal bob or kickback. With a 100mm fork this bike will have a 69 degree head angle for maximum responsiveness and control.

I personally plan to also use this bike as a jump rig, and maybe as a short travel slopestyle bike when the course is smaller and smooth... or I get smoother, hahaha.


I also think this bike may suit some shorter riders as a trail bike, just put a 5" fork up front and the low stand over and long seat tube allow for a lot of saddle height adjustment. While the linkage suppies efficient pedalling even over rough terrain.


Please let me know what you think so that I can use your feedback while making final adjustments.

Thanks,
Keith