Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Matej Charvat - IXS European Cup #2 - Spicak

Second round of IXS European cup took place in my country (Czech republic) in Bikepark Spicak. You may think this is my hometrack. I actually feel better on the home soil, but I haven’t been there since last years race. I simply like that course and some extra support along the track from the home fans.

The track was really slippery this year. It rained during the week before the race and it made the course really difficult. Tight corners and glossy rocks were not just my problem, but I felt really confident after a few runs. I started raining again right before the qualis, so I did a bit too careful run, but I felt good. 5th place was the sign that I can do a good result on Sunday and that gave me some extra confidence.



Night rain did its job again and the training was a bit sketchy, but the sun came out and it started to dry fast. The track had its ideal surface when I stepped into the start hut and I was all dialed to put a solid run togeter. I think I had good lines and even if I didn’t feel the best in the upper part, I had 2nd split. Unfortunately I did a weird mistake in second to last corner, where my front wheel slightly washed out…I almost thought that I’m back, but It bit and highsided me down and out. I’m really disapointed by finishing 23rd, but it is racing.
 

 I’m already looking forward to next year here on Spicak. I’m also happy that a lot of good guys came to this race and loved the track and whole event.

 I’m already working on my new Enduro weapon – as I’m going to try the Enduro World Series this weekend in Les 2 Alpes! I will also compete in Air Downhill, than one day off to travel 1200km to National Champs. ;)



 And again – Please don‘t forget to stay connected to my social networks: www.facebook.com/matejcharvatofficialpage 
www.twitter.com/matejcharvat 
www.instagram.com/matejcharvat




No comments: