Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Jason Peter's Amp

Word and pictures by Jason Peters:

I have had my eye on Banshee’s Amp frame from the time it hit the market a few years ago. At 2009 Interbike I heard Banshee was giving away an amp at the What’s Next premier and I was going to get that damn frame. Next thing I know I am jumping in a pool fully clothed chasing a frame, only to feel the frame being ripped from my hands at the bottom of the pool. Almost a year later the guys from Banshee bikes made things happen for me and a Black 2010 Amp showed up on my doorstep.


Now I have finally got the frame built and the first few rides on the frame I am floored with how it rides, Its tight, low, fast and spins better then any other 26” bike I had ridden.


Build:

2010 Banshee Amp (Black, Short)

2010 Manitou Circus (white)

2010 Atomlab Pimplite GI rims on pimp hubs (black, 32H)

2010 GEAX AKA’s (2.2”)

2010 SLX cranks (175mm)

2010 Avid ELIXIR R (160mm)

Cheep ass pedals

Cheep ass seat and post

And that’s it, that’s all. I am loving this bike, big thanks to Jay, Keith and Rob at banshee bikes .com (bansheebikes.com) and Ryan at GEAX (geax.com)

-JP
Jason Peters
jdpeters.com


Side Note:

In Vegas I talked to this wet kid after he jumped into a pool after an Amp frame. I did not know his name and wished that he would have gotten the frame. When I saw him again at Sea Otter I remembered how stoked he was on the Amp frame. I decided I would offer him a deal on an Amp frame ... I walked up to him, introduced myself and found out that he was Jason Peters. For a couple of weeks up to Sea Otter I was talking to Jason by email about hooking him up with an Amp. I guess I should have sent him two ...