Friday, February 2, 2007

The environment and bottled water

With the IPCC [Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change] ready to publish their report tomorrow I found an interesting article on the CBC news
Now I'm not a "tree hugger" by any stretch but I think anyone who mountain bikes has an intrinsic love of the outdoors and nature so I thought I'd chime in with this little tidbit of wisdom from one of our own well respected scientist.

Canadians wanting to do something about the environment can start by drinking tap water, environmentalist David Suzuki says.

"Everywhere I go across Canada, I insist I be given tap water when I get up to speak," Suzuki told CBC News on Thursday.

"I think in Canada it's absolutely disgusting that people are so uncertain about their water that we buy it, paying more for bottled water than we do for gasoline."

read more